Lighting Workshop is a full-service lighting design practice
Lighting creates atmosphere — it charges a space, reveals purpose and emotion. For every project, we power fresh ideas with the latest technology while delivering on sustainability. Our studio and work process are predicated on the notion that creativity is enriched through the diverse experiences and perspectives of our designers. In practice, we pair a robust interactive design process with a hands-on studio structure, which enables us to generate fresh ideas for each project and develop them into a luminous reality.
Though we have global reach, we're a boutique firm at heart and in practice. We believe that great lighting design cannot happen without passion, intelligence, and above all, personal commitment. This is demonstrated by a portfolio that spans two decades, many industries, and clients of every size. Each project is guided by our expertise, and evolving conversations with clients, toward a shared vision.
Lighting Workshop is a highly collaborative environment: part light lab, part idea factory, and part customer service center. From the studio's DNA comes an intense commitment not only to deliver innovative solutions, but to find innovative means of delivering these solutions to you. We believe that each client deserves honest collaboration: a process and a product that is defined by, and tailored to, its requirements. This means we want to find innovative ways to work with you to provide the right mix of services that offer optimal value.
Lighting Design Services
- Lighting concept studies and renderings indicating lighting intent
- Architectural and millwork lighting details
- Photometric calculations, simulations, and analysis
- Documentation in Revit or AutoCAD, utilizing most current versions of each program
- Lighting specifications with complete catalog cutsheet packages
- Cohesive coordination and communication with client, design team, contractors, and vendors
- Lighting control documentation including system specifications
- Custom fixture design
- Budget analysis
- Energy code compliance calculations and identifying pertinent code requirements
- In-office and site mock-ups including partial full-scale mock-up coordination
- Submittal and shop drawing reviews
- Site visits to review in-progress lighting installation
- Final aiming of lights at project completion
- Programming of lighting control systems
Lighting Workshop is committed to working with design teams to establish and deliver sustainable lighting solutions. For each certificate-seeking project, our aim is to design the best lighting systems that comply with various LEED and WELL credits, in a timely and budget conscious manner. We are deeply familiar with the intricacies of construction, sustainability goals and lighting marketplaces and have a successful track record of using our know-how to deliver projects of all sizes within established energy goals, targets, and budget parameters.
- Assist design team achieve LEED or WELL targets throughout all phases of project
- Calculations for lighting related LEED credits
- Calculations for WELL certification, including melanopic light evaluation